Thursday, January 17, 2008

Antiques for Sale History for Free at Mayer, AZ Gathering Place

Only one block off highway 69 toward Prescott is Central Ave. where Mayer's "Old Town" is located. It is well worth a looksee as a tourist, antique collector, historian, or as an all round just nosey individual out for the day or weekend. It's a pity that there are not signs along the highway pointing out that buildings built in 1902 are still standing and in use today along Central Ave. AND some of those historical buildings are free to those walking within to have a look. Complimentary coffee, free historical conversation, and antiques for sale.

Yesterday's blog shows Monique, the Neiman Marcus mannequin, in Big Bug Station's front window reaching out her arm in supplication to invite passerbys in. I think I got a dirty look from Monique today because yesterday I referred to her as a department store dummy! And I even got her origins wrong. Not Saks or I. Magnin. So I apologize to Monique and any other department store dummies I may have offended.

For more info see www.bigbugstation.com