Saturday, April 29, 2006

The Book that Ruined Me

When I had left my elementary school teaching career behind to seek adventure plus make better money working construction on the Alaskan oil pipeline, my mother mailed me a zebra striped book titled, I Married Adventure. She said, "Here is the book that ruined you." I read it you see at age six whilst recuperating from a bout of measels and mumps and it put a yearning in my heart that still to this day leads me to get involved in wild and wonderful doings.I followed my dreams and my family members each cocked one eyebrow, shook their heads, but wished me Godspeed.This addiction to adventure has not always been a frolic but with youth and beauty and the belief that Life is grand, I sailed thru relishing every moment. Now that I am older it is harder but the addiction is still so rewarding I continue the life.I must sign off now to once again sell off the rest of the "stuff" that even we gypsy types begin to acrue.I sell now on the net as www.ParchedEarthOpals.com so I no longer wish to sell Yowah opal at rock and gem shows and am selling the cases and tables and cloths and lights and props that go along with the opal vendor on the road lifestyle. 'Till later