Monday, May 15, 2006

Gypsy Hampster has Treadmill Will Travel

I love my gypsy life but when I back up and have a look I see similarities between myself and the rest of the world...the world that I turn my back on once a year for 22 years when I head to Australia. I still must slug out a living like everyone else. My fingers skitter rodentlike over computer keys while I scrunch up my eyes to read the screen, also rodentlike. I sell opals at my website so spend soooo many hours at the puter keyboard. I get off that treadmill and mount the scrabble-thru-the-little-pieces-of-rock-in-the-sunlight wheel. the opal must be sorted and graded and packaged. Hours and hours of repetitive clawing with my fingers thru rock and dirt that I hauled back with me from Australia. Then up and running back to the scanner and puter. I believe I am beginning to skitter rather than walk from wheel to wheel, too. I take this dog and pony show on the road with my laptop and cutting wheels and bins of HEAVY rocks and cut stones to sell to jewelers in assorted cities and to other vendors of opal at rock and gem shows. I take the monies grubbed from this to buy a ticket back to scrabbling in the dirt of Australia at my digs. I take my treadmill laptop with me even to the great Outback. You would be surprised at the amazing remote communication system Australia has. So inbetween scrambling in the ever faster turning wheel that bureaucrats build for us, I enjoy my two sons and my three grandchildren, my amazingly interesting friends, and drink in the panoramas that this earth offers us be it here or there. I occasionally sigh as I am sure you do too at the running running running treadmills we all seem to find ourselves in. However, I compare my treadmill with others and realize I have the variety of more than one and that I still think mine is more fun than most. I like the freedom of picking my mill.Would love to burn the one big business puts us in. They have the habit of reaching their mighty hand down and giving us an almighty extra spin making us really scramble in great frustration. I hear the Outback calling...run away run away. to see what I do and why I do it go to my website at www.ParchedEarthOpals.com