Friday, May 19, 2006

Yowah Opal Field Goanna is Huge

I failed to mention in my last post that the goanna lizard is nearly three feet long. My last house guests during the Yowah Opal Festival told me they suspect he has a girlfriend too as they could hear slithery movements in the ceiling of their back bedroom same time I could hear movement in my bedroom up front. I like the goanna there as he is a snake killer and the Australian outback has many of those ie: Western King Brown, Taipan, red bellied black snake, and Fierce snake plus a couple others I can''t think of right now ( altho there is rumor of a death adder or two) and all of them highly venomous. So I love Mr. Goanna and hope he and his missus have a few babies and keep my house snake free. He ads a bit of bushstyle interest for the tourist guests.

To see what I do and why I do it visit me at www.parchedearthopals.com